Guitar virtuoso and composer – writes and performs brilliant, improvisational acoustic and electric guitar music, mixing the traditional sounds of his Filipino heritage with the electrified funk and rock of his youth. In the past several years he has focused on the acoustic sound of the Spanish guitar, blending it into the mix and creating a beautiful eclectic style.
Angelo, a quiet person, belies guitar playing that is full of verve and conviction. His control of the guitar is complete, it shows itself in his improvisational style, he plays without fear.
Angelo’s strength and versatility allow him to excel in a variety of settings. He never passes up an opportunity to share his music. He enjoys the freedom of performing solo, yet he also enjoys the challenge and inspiration of collaborating with other talented musicians and artists. He combines theory, technique and instinct to create his own distinctive style, but loves and plays all genre of music. His repertoire also includes performing traditional Philippine folk songs and the kundiman, the beautiful Philippine love songs of the early 19th century, Europeanized during the Spanish colonization.
He has performed for audiences in Washington, Oregon, California, Missouri, Virginia, Nevada and Alaska. He has produced, recorded, engineering and mastered other artists’: Soul Lyric, Badjao and soundtracks for Sining Kilusan’s “Heart of the Son” and “Central Soul”.
His self-produced debut CD Serendipity features original compositions, a balance between technique and creativity, speaking with instinctive clarity, communicating with sincerity the passions that stir in his soul. For more information about Angelo check out his website at www.angelopizarro.com. All music on this CD is composed, produced, arranged, engineered, mixed and mastered by Angelo.
Asian Pacific Islander Women and Family Safety Center (APIWFSC) * Northwest Folklife Festival * Chinatown-International District Summer Festival * Heritage Festival * Seafair Summer Festival * Northwest Asian Art Theatre * Marion Oliver McCaw Hall * Wing Luke Asian Art Museum * Seattle Asian Art Museum * Microsoft * Emerald Queen Casino * US Postal Service * City of Seattle Neighborhood Revitalization Committee * Uwajimaya Stores * Seattle Center * University of Washington * Small Business Administration * Eugene-Springfield Asian Council * Allied Trade Group, LLC * Muckleshoot Casino * Filipino Community Center of Seattle * National CAPACD * Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. * Fremont Street Fair * Bite of Seattle * Bellevue 6th Street Fair * Tulalip Casino * International Examiner, Arts Etc...
PAST BENEFIT CONCERTS:
• No DV Productions presents “New Year's Jam 2006”, Asian Pacific Islander Women and Family Safety Center. Headliner: the Angelo Pizarro Group (2006)
• New Year's Eve in Las Vegas with Lani Misalucha and Martin Nievera and w/Stephanie Reese. A Charity Concert Gala to benefit the American Red Cross Katrina Relief Fund (2005)
• “By Popular Demand”, Gary Valenciano Concert, Angelo Pizarro, Ron Esteban, Timmy Pavino and Dara Opening Act. To benefit Gawad Kalinga.
• Filipino Community Center of Seattle, Spring Concert w/Stephanie Reese. For the Community Center's Renovation Fund
• Uncle Bob & Maria Batayola Productions presents “Concert for APIWFSC”, Asian Pacific Islander Women and Family Safety Center. Featuring Angelo Pizarro and Group. (2005)
• GAWAD KALINGA (GK) “Wow Philippines” Concert
Global empowerment program to fight poverty in the Philippines. (Seattle 2004 & 2005, Tri-Cities 2005)
• The Pacific Northwest Fil-Am JazzFest 2, with Primo Kim at Seattle Sheraton Hotel. Presented by the Fil-Am Education Endowment Foundation and Seattle Central Community College
• Performance at the Ballard Firehouse to benefit the American Red Cross after 9/11
• “A Night of Jazz Guitar”, Benaroya Hall with Michael Powers to benefit the International Drop-In Senior Center
• Filipino American Northwest JazzFest, Jazz Alley, Presented by the Fil-Am Education Endowment Foundation, the Fil-Am National Historical Society and Seattle Central Community College
• Seattle Children’s Hospital Fund, concert with international recording-star, Rico J. Puno
• City of Bellevue, Robinswood High School, Proyecto P.O.D.E.R., a program that helps empower Latino students.
• Northwest Asian Weekly Scholarship Program
• Filipino-American Herald “Pinoy Style” basketball team to help fund their trip to the Philippines.
• Writing, arranging, recording, engineering and mastering CD project for Tim Cordova’s soundtracks for "Heart of the Son" and "Central Soul"
• Arranging and performing music for The Conciliation Project production of “Stolen Land – Crossing Borders” Seattle, WA (2003) (www.theconciliationproject.org)
• Writing, arranging and performing for Sining KilUSAn production of “Heart of the Son” with performances in San Diego, CA (1996, 2004), San Francisco, CA (1996), Oakland , CA (1996), Vallejo, CA (1996), Los Angeles, CA (1998) Seattle, WA (1996, 1998, 2004), Portland, OR (2003), St. Louis, MO (2004) (www.cabacodesign.com/heartoftheson)